Saturday, November 2, 2013

half a breath

summer still feels like yesterday
love sleeps deep
is that what I hear you say?
they say I am gone
but you know the kindest part
of me has stayed
don't jump-don't close your eyes
one day this pain will fade
but I took part of you with me
it will never turn to grey


summer breath, one half a breath
from you
grieve no longer for 
the thing you can't undo
it's a long way to anywhere when 
you feel alone
but you're running so far, so fast
you can't see the one thing
that's meant to last
slow down
listen to your summer song


I still remember you
just want you to know
your wishes hold the stars
up in the sky
still I dream the meadows
we used to roam
a love this deep will never let
you fall
will never let you go

This was written August 8 2013 in my front yard .After cleaning my basement I walked outside and sat down, these were the words that fell from my pen.I believe they were sent from my younger brother Patrick whom I lost May 20 1999.One of the hardest losses I've faced was losing him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @vanesadawn