Saturday, November 23, 2013

Illuminate

dark night
throbbing through blue veins
unknown chemicals, crush of pain
words of warfare hold me in place
secrets lie sleeping
beneath sovereign grace

surrounding ruin
neglected need
my abandoned hope exasperates me
don't touch now my silence cries
dark defeat rains from blue eyes

hungered life 
of shadow and light
love is music out loud
only your love will figure me out

I struggle with faith
survive storms of hate
let light illuminate all I can't say
and lift me up
from this unholy place

I still believe there's more than we see
Illuminate me, illuminate me
from this hungered life of
shadow and light
love is music out loud
so let your love figure me out


So many dark nights, of change and happenstance I could not see my way around and sometimes didn't want to, music was the heal that calmed the rage that wanted to win. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @vanesadawn