Thursday, November 7, 2013

hands

hand in my mouth
wind on my face
cold and misplaced
I'm oblivious to grace

crude poverty 
yeah you know me
won't you let go of me
can't  fly , can't see
that no one can hear me

hands in my pockets
no hands that touch me
hands that don't love me


stronger than i need to be
there's beauty for ashes
first you have to get dirty

knees on the floor
another family war
don't know why too strong to cry
sad, sad season will you ever pass
I'm tired of mysteries
and stories of glass

hands in my mouth
words I'll never say
truth she can be harsh
let them lie where they lay

butterfly in winter, out of place
hand in my mouth, wind on my face

Sometimes what we seek is there ,we just overlook it.
There are times silence saves us from saying too much.
And sometimes where we are is where we need to be, even if it isn't lovely
The poverty I speak of is being denied what is rightfully ours, being denied a voice
in our life, dealing with that, gracefully as possible.


To anyone reading any of my creative efforts on here
THANK YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @vanesadawn