Saturday, November 23, 2013

puddles of pain

everything you are is all i need
when everyone walked you stood by me
all but forsaken, lost in shame
broken, face down in puddles of pain
my memories cloud a sunny day
silence steals words i never say
you love all i am, forgive all i'm not
strength of my battle, cry of my fall
you don't love just parts of me
you love the all
you call me beautiful
say that's what you see
when the dark that lies inside
buries layers of me
forget my mistakes and my stubborn pride
when puddles of pain threaten inside
you're everything love made you be
unconditional to tempermental, dramatic me
overlooking scars of my insecurity
stood by me through my sad insanity
when darkness falls and lights all fade
nothing i do makes you ashamed
you put me together one more time
when puddles of pain threaten inside

Wrote this about a special friendship I had as a teenager, he was there for me when I wouldn't let anyones else in. We drifted apart but he knew me at one time better and deeper than anyone, still means so much to know someone stood by me because they chose to, they didn't have to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @vanesadawn