Sunday, October 26, 2014

before

caught in a glimmer
of gossamer
just a fragile
butterfly wing...

before the wind on my face
that tangles my hair
before dark summers and
November dared
to still the quiet bell of
a mourning night 
before i was restless
and unproven

before the only place i
could come to you became
a grave
before winter settled in
and never left
before the night crawled
into my veins
and sleep was fragilistic
nocturnal visits whispered
at my forlorn windowpane

before my soul was swept away
before the rain became a crave
before the carving of your name
before the caving of my faith
when sweet water was sweeter

freedom was weightless
and i carried your pain
in my own bones

before i knew houses
weren't home

10-26-2014 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @vanesadawn