Saturday, November 1, 2014

dysfunctional me

i say the right thing at the right time
say what he wants to hear
i'm of service i'm of use
whenever he is near

make some sunshine for me

you're a beautiful daydream
but my time is not my own
i'm daddy's little princess
safely tucked away at home 

so come ease my bleeding fear
and forgive these childlike tears
we'll whisper words of love that's 
forbidden here

to disagree is a sin
no one to beak my fall
i answer when he calls my name
he don't know me at all
i am his illusion, that's all i'll ever be
he could never love or understand
what he can never see

save some sunshine for me

so tell me what to wear
and how to wear my hair
then tell me to get lost
how no one really cares
tell me i'm a dreamer
and that's all i'll ever be
no one can love or understand
dysfunctional me

maybe i'm a dreamer
and that's all i'll ever be
i pray God can love and understand
dysfunctional me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @vanesadawn