Sunday, June 8, 2014

the walk

I remember the sound of the rain happily kissing the tin roof and crying in rivulets down the windowpane, how it sparkled and clung to the forests and tree lined winter path
The storm came out of nowhere happy in its own existence needing nothing from those to which it came


I fell in the lull of your voice as your words cut
Even in the shadows of evening you were the one I wanted to see, be near, be part of, to love
The air was close we were not as you were extracting yourself from the only tangle I ever wanted to stay wrapped up in


Your chocolate eyes were kind and I found myself slipping under the currents of their charismatic stare
You were the beautiful boy I longed to keep
But you said you no longer cared
I'm sorry you said but my heart didn't hear you
I could not comprehend you meant them
Those words taking you to places I would no longer be part of


I didn't mean to mess up your life you said as if by saying that you would be free and it would not matter 
Then you walked and I slipped my hand in yours
I said I will go wherever you would go
You said no
The rain now snow grew fuller and rounder as you walked into a snow globe of white
And I stayed glued to the past
You never looked back

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @vanesadawn