Saturday, May 31, 2014

pause

pause...
while the needed words hang unspoken between us
while the walls rise higher and we can't see past where we stand now
as rivers run in silence down my face
pause...
you don't ask, I don't say
and yet the pain of yesterday will not sleep
pause...
while the scream inside is never relinquished
and all that is left to fight for is getting less
my senses are heightened by the wonder and why of it all
pause...
as plates of despair is piled high in front of unfortunate souls
the struggle to survive, to surmount and yet resist all that threatens inside
pause...
does anyone hear my voice
cause I can't run away anymore and the poems I want to write evaporate
our conversations are edited to avoid being human
lose it all to have what?
hold onto the holiness for how long as rain comes to erase our sky stealing the sun from my skin and soul
as quiet falls in my surrounded room I
pause...
then return to my crossroad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @vanesadawn