Friday, June 27, 2014

The Dreaming Girl

slices of  my life written in red, purple, multicolored ink
my thought life, inked dreams mingled with reality and impossibilities 
the metal cuts and glides bound perfectly, tidy
the broken, bleeding passion blurred by the leaking face
its mine, all mine
pages of hope of desperation, the loss, the prayers, the road in paper carrying my load
the whisper of my pen captures the ache in my soul
the winter wail, the soiled veil but parchment lies
destructive eyes
all the gone, the words that string together
describe but never arrive
home
postage overdue 
deprived in courageous well thought out lines
of everything
these lines can't hold you and neither can I 
indestructible , still here
I am the dreaming girl
within, breathing living and dreaming in
the pages of me
and when I think I can't I realize I can

For all the girls with dreams all those journals we fill up that hold us in ways we never tell another soul. From 10 to 101 keep those dreams alive and sometimes they'll keep us breathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @vanesadawn