Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Dear old lover

Dear old lover
I don't remember your kiss anymore and that would be my first lie
I don't look for car lights on my wall or listen for your footfall
I don't wear your old t-shirt or walk alone where we used to walk for hours
I don't listen to the music you loved
I don't think of you, I don't cry
Oh but these too are lies
I don't keep hidden pictures of you and I didn't memorize the skies I saw in your eyes
I don't remember the draw of your laughter or the way I knew you had entered a crowded room
I don't remember the voice I loved that cradled my name, no one ever says it that way
I don't remember the handhold , the strength or perfection of your hand in mine
I don't remember listening to the radio until dawn had bathed the sky in transparent pink and the fireplace blaze had died
I don't remember I never had felt so alive
I don't remember feeling young with you, careless, reckless, risking ever loving thing
I don't remember walking and loving in the rain or the motorcycle rides in winter snow
I don't remember holding you like life
I don't remember nights perfumed by southern winds
I don't remember you were the only place I ever wanted to be
I don't remember sunshine in our eyes we could see perfectly
I don't remember I never loved that way again
and the last lie
I don't remember you gave up on me
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @vanesadawn