Monday, April 24, 2017

some boys

some boys play in sunshine
good things slip into their hands
easily, greedily accepted
they never feel the rain
now you
use your skin as a canvas
honoring the savage poetry that
built you
it will never look natural to your father
but you're not up to pleasing
today's judgement

some boys are
starving boys for just a glance
sick from the unloving monsters
that will never love them whole
aching eyes that never rest
young weary shoulders
for your sky is bent and dirt red
a drier unkind flame
and the lack that punishes your hands
has stolen from your heart
not one thing

some boys hide behind
a pseudonym
and kiss lips that should
never belong to them
but you are busy packing dreams
into your piano
cause you crave music like its food
sadness is never lost on you


This is a poem from my book Sad Romantics and I thought why not share it here :)
I don't want to leave a bunch of poetry or writings of mine in a drawer or even in a book somewhere that no one ever reads so I'm going to share all I can here. If you like anything of mine drop me a comment let me know and if you add me to your circles then I'll add you to mine circles as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @vanesadawn