Tuesday, April 15, 2014

tragedy

why do you have to break every piece of me
first to throw a stone and shatter everything
make me a tragedy
you're a thunderstorm on my face
words cut so I bleed
destroy one more part
steal another piece of me

my sadness takes root inside of me
sets me up for another senseless tragedy
I can't seem to leave here so I dream here
can't let go of pain that won't let go of me

I listen to the stillness
storm subsides, you're ruthless
fearless in the rubble I'm shattered in your eyes
fearless I will stand again
my mind's a mess
why must you tie my hands
drown my confusion like the rain
sleep with a charismatic kind of loneliness

I can't find where I left myself 
what is it, life
its not what it seems
dying beneath the skin that covers me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @vanesadawn