Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Your Girl

 selfish
and you never could see me
she was always between
never could you see how fearless I can be
never would you touch me
your words never loved me
and you left me...
selfishly

no time for conversation
or my foolish dreams
days of summer passed
like blurred impossibility
did you ever love me
cause you never said
wish I'd told you I love you
but I never did

no white picket fences
to define my innocence
no one by my side to come to my defense
maybe I was young and reckless
didn't know just where to turn
was I selfish for wanting you to myself
just once

and I'm a little angry
cause I was your girl
and I got left behind in a crazy
broken world

tears ran like a river
in my ears
crying in my bed
my dreams evaporated in thin air
when she stole the words I never said

I am a middle child, a middle daughter as well. Sometimes I just wanted to be seen, or heard, sibling rivalry does it ever end ?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @vanesadawn