Monday, January 6, 2014

still here

life has sank me to my knees
I have risen
I have cried rivers of tears
but I still know how to smile and mean it
been back stabbed, cheated on, lied to
lied on, betrayed and abandoned
left breathing in a world where not one gave a damn
I'm still here
had days where words would not come
no not even prayer
silence held me, I'm still here
lost track of seasons, old before I was old
tired beyond tired
I'm still here, I did not die
not afraid of dying, I've been dying all my life
childhood evaporated leaving me in the hands of
anothers misery yet I did not quit
believing in wonder and mystery...
lost more than I can say
robbed of youth, denied the truth
but secrets don't die they rise up to greet you
family wars, emotional scars generations old
I still have warmth in my heart
I did not grow cold
the more they took the more I gave
saved by faith, live by grace
never will my dreams bend by fear
not afraid of darkness
I'm still here


There's not a lot about the dark I don't know, so I summed it all up in this poem of sorts .Whatever we go through we have a choice to stay in the place frozen where life puts us or rise even if we only have enough space literally or figuratively to do so. Each time all I had on my side was the ability to rise, even if it was only an inner rising.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @vanesadawn