Friday, November 27, 2015

wasting in white noise

while waiting on sleep to visit I glued some elephants together
I took pictures of lightning and shrunk the sky to fit the lens of an iPhone camera
my cold breath became the color of white prayer and was orchestrated  into a winter sunset 
I buried your name in a bottle and marked a grave for it
then I got homesick for the way light used to glow beneath our door
I was drenched in memory by the way we slept on Sunday's when it rained
Now I miss getting lost in the sound of your breathing, my white noise lullaby
I said farewell to the mail you left on the counter, spoke the word hello into a phone that never even rang
I set an extra place at the table for pain and wrote a hymn for those adorning stars 
I turned my mind and the moon upside down, listened to Delilah on the radio dial and lost myself in the confusion of lost loves and the delusional take me back theme of the night
I wondered what it was like to be in love with a man named Bogart
and counted the names of those who don't love me anymore
As my muse slipped and tripped out of the bottle to the back door I finally closed my eyes and said goodbye to all the old monsters and 
familiar ghosts
Love is a hyphen, now just a glimmer of a forgotten, secret unused password 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @vanesadawn