Monday, November 9, 2015

turn the lights off

he shrugs off every word she says
says I must live before I'm dead
don't paint on me an angel's wings
cause I can't sing that song you sing
you see what you want to see 
are you sure it's me you see
these walls are closing in on me
I'm disappearing as we speak
turn the lights off when you leave

she said you think you know
where I belong
you make the rules I play along
you don't ask you just plan
but I can't walk this line you've planned
how can I make you understand

a shouting match that no one wins
leaves them doubting everything
she walks away with one less friend
from his verbal list of who loves who
cause after all she can't blame you

if love has a blueprint then we don't fit
too many rules so counterfeit 
wordless she just walks away
after all he's had his say

he says take it all
but turn the lights off on your way

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @vanesadawn