Tuesday, October 13, 2015

linger

I lingered in the thrift store, my hands deep in vinyl
our past was releasing through my head
lyrical
thoughts and memories were whispering in my
mind like broken eggs slip through fingers
years lay behind, I was falling backward
into emerald green eyes of my first love and 
the feel and fit of summer sun on our skin
intoxicated by the lingering sweet innocence
reservations melted, left and right dissolved
but we never felt lost
we were living a dream, loving reality
with runaway hearts and sky blue dreams
the days were too slow and too fast as our
heartbeat could have fueled a train
perfect magic 
once you love this way the taste of love will
never be the same
summer slipped away into a crimson colored 
atmosphere
as you slipped into the future without me
autumn leaves sparkled and decorated the brilliantly
staged goodbye
and I was left wondering how much of me did I
leave in your eyes
because you still linger
in mine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @vanesadawn