Thursday, May 7, 2015

rebel in me

going against the grain
gonna change my family name
too far gone I won't look back
there's wine in the water
of that hand made shack

now you're in every church
I'll ever pray
cruel November brutal May
sleep on my loves sleep on
you won't hear me anyway

he was army green
she was model thin
he was a dark and handsome
poetic man
I feel them all beneath my skin

now it's hard to breathe 
and I rarely sleep
my body misses its bed
my dreams miss their sleep
this will never change 
the rebel in me

it all belongs to me
my pain
stored are all things lost
in castles of rain
but the rebel in me
is more than a name

earth is weary heaven is blue
when I stop breathing
I'll stop missing you
when I stop breathing 
I'll stop missing you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @vanesadawn