Thursday, May 14, 2015

like silver

the streets were ribbons,  we had nowhere to go
they were shining like the lights of a broadway show
I was loving the way light was liking you,  on page tomorrow before today was through
someone had to be first to break my heart, it seemed so easy for your elegant hands
but you smelled like rain beneath that twilight sun
those memories are ashes now they're never gonna burn
let them blow away on this summer wind
all these cracked mirrors with a cutting edge,  rewinding
reminding me again
bold confessions of your fickle love
but we're never gonna dance in the rain
the moon will rock the sky to sleep and that's no shame 
but my love for you dissolved
I never found a way to make you feel a thing...

now I'm a stranger in a cracked up mirror
and moonlight spills on my hair like silver


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @vanesadawn