Sunday, March 21, 2021

Forever Rain

 I was dying to live

gave all I had to give

born in a rainstorm 

imperfection's demand

I was sinking from sight

falling into your hands

we burned our fingers

changed our mind

you were trying to hide

always trying to hide

got lost in a dream

betrayed by your kiss

waking up high

like it was a gift

you were a love - oh

what a love

wasting me to get it right

I was starving to feel

you turned out the lights

we were a movie

and tragically fake

perfected liars, falling down

in a forever rain

what a wasteland we built

shifting love into sorrow

our sky full of beauty into a

guiltied tomorrow

oh but I loved you

like an unplanned bullet

just a fool

a jewel in your crown

don't discard me yet

I'm still around


I'll be around....


Know your worth. In matters of love make them earn your heart. it's too easy to give yourself away. You are worth everything and more & you owe yourself a beautiful love, a love worth sticking around for. 

thanks for reading, much love to all - V


1 comment:

  1. Such a powerfully told experience. The hurts are so many...but the wisdom gained, remains as a future point of personal guidance....
    Deeply emotive...

    ReplyDelete

Follow @vanesadawn