Friday, August 28, 2020

Breakage

 I'm a wasted little piece

of weakness

I swim two ways

Pisces with a torn complex heart


I am an example of a girl

who writes about the

bullet

but doesn't know how 

to load the gun


I am the breakage

the gone unforgotten past

salty lips

sun freckles my skin

and I sleep too much


but I know how to hurt the day away


hungry for sincerity 

do you know what I mean

when the light was just a mirage

and love ?

well, that's just one more thing

you taught me to misuse


© Van Peterson


This is an older poem of mine from April 2019, but it seems to fit into now. So many hurting people, in need of so much. A smile can be too much on some days, tears are ever present for so many. Silence seeps in when the hurting takes over & you just decide to let the tower fall if it must because you can't hold it together anymore.

Don't forget to take care of yourself no matter what's coming at you, some of us we're all we've got and we've got to have our own backs. And we've given all we had to give, time to receive some of that kind love back. Be blessed, to my readers I appreciate every one of you - Van

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @vanesadawn