Friday, April 29, 2016

perfect rhythm

I'm waiting for a pill to work
to ease my mind and soothe my nerves
but I think it was made with caffeine 
I'm climbing crimson walls
when all I want to do is sleep

I've been walking in the rain
as if that would wash my sin away
everyone is going to a sunny somewhere
I'm where I've always been

I'm not sure I trust myself
when I talk I say too much
and I've lost count of names in stone
of those who've gone
but still rent rooms inside my love

And sad songs are the best songs
I've lived in some of them
but all my dreams have moved away
and I wish I could but I can't
stop this slow decay
of spending too much time staring at the rain

I just want to feel another's heartbeat
in perfect rhythm with my own
a seat for two on a midnight train
with speed that calms the fragile hearts
that always feel alone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @vanesadawn