Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Dusty Roads

I once lived in a house of wood and stone 
the walls were paper and I was in the middle
being alone
Fenced in by words and the what might happen
fear was a guest and came over often
Winter was a whistle and a wonder of 
beautiful frozen freedom
It always looks different when you're on
the inside freezing
Words were a game, secrets were hidden
I was young 
Guardians weren't looking
I fell and the fall was so loud, damage
unmistakeable
But angels were too busy with their
chaos at their own boardroom table
I slipped through the intangible net
living by just breathing and that's 
what happened when no one paid attention
Summer was a haunted scent full of roses
that begged to be taken but their thorns
were too sharp and left my hands bleeding
and shaking
Forsaken in sunlight, just another wild rebel child
with a hungry heart still beating
Small like a whisper and simply
disappearing
I just wanted you to see me but those
dusty roads left us wanting
left you choking 
Seven walking the same foot carved path
Divine intervention would separate them

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @vanesadawn