Monday, January 26, 2015

girl without her love

i was dreaming on saturday morning
lying alone in my bed
i was trying to go back
but the present was pushing out
every golden word you ever said

i was hungry for kisses
thirsty for your touch
but i saw a picture of you
on broadway
with your new lover
and i swear you are a curse

the stars don't shine bright
enough for you
the city has more of a shine
but i thought you were a diamond boy
when you were by my side

can't turn my feelings off
i'm a little bit deeper than that
i won't disappear without you
but dreaming about you 
my world's a little bluer than black

i'm standing on the sidelines
in just a memory
every song on my radio
for the reckless,  born to be free
i just wanted to love you boy
but we're never gonna be

i am just a girl without her love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @vanesadawn