Friday, August 22, 2014

sad boy journal

mama did you find all the sin in my room
dirty mishaps untouched by your broom 
mama did you read what i wrote from my veins
were you shocked or saddened
do you feel my pain

mama you don't know me anymore
i'm a young man
no longer your little boy
can't buy my happiness
with a toy

and i've colored outside the lines
blurred and reset some tiny white lies
and i was happy for a time
i was yours and you were mine

mama did you find my broken truth
all these pretty colors inspired
by melodramatic you
did you clean my handprint from the wall
replace the light that just don't work there in the hall

mama did you read my poetry
all the words i've never dared to speak
left over scars that you can't see
beautiful mama do you still believe in me

cause i laughed at midnight
and i drank my fear
and i've never shed an unearned tear
i never planned to drop your hand 
you've been my saving grace and
no one will ever take your place

mama you've been so patient with me
love me unconditionally
you've never seen what others choose to see
mama do you still love me
cause i've been a little angry

and if you read these words its ok
we'll pretend you didn't anyway

i finally opened up my veins and let them speak...
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @vanesadawn