Friday, December 27, 2013

PROPHET AND POET

I made some peace with never will be
Shall I bless the prophet who puts the poet to sleep
Yesterday I'll visit no more
The prophet just slipped out my back door

Even the rain can't wash away
What the prophet won't let the poet say
One knock at the door changes everything
The prophet prays when the poet reigns
 
I surrender to the rain song that woke up my dream
I surrender to the pain that was born in my veins
Rock the baby, walk the floor
The prophet and poet are friends no more
 
No more knocking on doors that won't open
Tired of leaning on hope and chocking
No more songs so my hands can rest
The violin's silenced at the prophets request
 
I made some love with a ghost from the past
The prophet sleeps, sweet dreams at last
Time has came to set the poet free
We'll wake the music from its reverie
We can be who we want to be
Hush, don't wake the prophet
He makes the poet grieve
Puts his words to sleep
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @vanesadawn