Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Re-Imagine Me (thoughts of a bullied teen)

an aesthetic life wasn't meant to be mine
planted, they say I will never fly
that my dreams will never see the light
loneliness is my best friend
I don't mind being abandoned by those 
whose blood is twin to my own
I don't mind being left alone
It's ok you forgot me, I forget me too
I embrace being ostracized, I am the odd one after all
so unlike you
It's ok you made fun of me
I didn't matter to anyone anyway
I was transparent, you had no choice
without color I disappeared in life's landscape
It's ok you wanted me out of sight
I am just a plain wallflower
It's alright you never loved me
your actions spoke for you
you said tomorrow doesn't matter
lived only for today
why tell that to someone you left
empty handed, displaced
robbed of innocence, you never knew
drained of opinions, denied the truth
no voice, no power, a child of invisibility
piece by piece you ignored, constantly stole from 
and changed all I would ever be
wish I could re-imagine me

on the outside of the inside
not good enough to be good enough
there's comfort in becoming used to being unloved
I have no expectations
I ask for nothing
I love going nowhere, living in hell, loving it
you expected no thing of me
I don't expect you to accept me
breathing isn't life
coloring in black between invisible lines
I disappear sporadically to your joy
I should never have been entrusted with breath
I could not handle the responsibility
I do not know how to correctly love
so I opt for feeling nothing , my pain is useless
tears you say are weakness
here I am, you spoke it over me
I am the no one you always said I'd be
becoming comfortable in my own un-comfortability
Forever lost, a daughter, a sister, once a friend
buried in pain
wish I could re- imagine me 



This poem is for those who have been mistreated in life by situations and people you had no control over. Re- imagine 
everything.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @vanesadawn