Saturday, April 21, 2018

Up to me

you were not a first choice
I wasn't looking for you
but you claimed my lips
without asking
and I made a dream from you

you brought blood
our first kiss
that should have told me something
I wanted love, I wanted you love
but I never knew what love
would want of me

you left my eyes full of clouds
slipped your name onto my tongue
and my soul's fire to raging
addicted to the midnights we consumed

pulled me across an ocean
into your arms
into you
I became ready
your lips stole me
your words buried me
I didn't wish to fly
stars disappeared - music seemed 
to belong to yesterday

our bed grew cold and lonely
you were drinking 
from another's lips, guilty
it was just time to
put our love to sleep
and it was up to me


 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @vanesadawn